Sunday, December 23, 2007

Letters!

On Friday I got one of the best early Christmas presents ever... 3 drawings, 2 letters, and a handmade Christmas wreath for the Christmas tree from Jackie, a letter from her dad, and 2 drawings, 2 letters, and another wreath from Reagan!! I guess they were all piling up on top of each other, and they finally just sent them all together. I was so excited!!

Plus, one of the letters from Jackie talks about the money we sent for a house, and the other one, along with Reagan's, talks about the clothes I sent them! It really was an awesome Christmas present.

Here is the first one from Jackie (it was addressed to my family, in thanks for the money for her house):

" To Wiebes,
Am so greatful to greet you my dear friends. Hope you're doing well in everything! My life is alright. Am a student of Kibaale Community School and my clas this time is grade 2 East.

I have really loved the donation of money that you made up for me. its going to be important to me as we put it towards the construction of a new home for us. We had an abrupt need of shifting from the old home; after the inforcement of the Government's policy of reclaiming the wetland areas. Unfortunately, we lied with in the area of concern, yet the Government has not put up a budget to constructing the affected people new homes.

God has realy done my great through you!

Am so proud of being sponsored and having other friends like you! My mother, father, and my young sister Jessca are feelling blessed as well! We will then have a merry Christmas soon in Dec. And thats what I wish you and all your friends!!

Namulindwa Jackie"



This is the picture that was attached to that letter.. I thought the flower was actually really good!


And here's her other letter/picture. If you can't read it, it says,


"Hullo Erin Wiebe,

Thank-you for the gift of a dress and a letter, am very happy!
My mom is okay and my dad, only our sister is still sick, but improves slowly.
The dress fits me very well and I like it.

May God bless you and merry christmas.
From Namulindwa Jackie"



And here's the letter from her dad. It actually doesn't mention the money for the house, but I think they wrote it before the money was sent over. It was written by her dad, and I was so impressed with his language, and neat writing! :)



"Dear Erin Wiebe,

How are you? We pray that you and your family are doing well, and we send our greetings to them.

We are expecting a baby goat in April 2008 and the cow is doing well. Here in Uganda it is very cold now, we have rain and our crops are growing well. We shall be harvesting in Feb. 2008.

We saw the pictures you sent to jackie, it was very nice, and it must make everything look so beautiful as you said! (I sent her some pictures of snow.)

My daughters are doing well, and Justine is now doing well from fever. Jessca is going to school next year 2008. No any other daughter go to Kibaale school, Jessca will be going to Conerstone Nursery school Kibaale. We praying for you in your hard subject- so may God help you in what you are trying to achieve.

That is all now. Hope to hear from you. In fact, we very much enjoyed your letters as well as gifts. May God bless you.

From,

C.K. and family (her dad)"


And here is the letter from Reagan.. its so cute! :)

"Dear Sponsor,
Thank-you for being my sponsor, and thank-you for sending me such a nice letter and the stickers. The photos were nice and lovely, I liked your family its big and good. The parents are lovely and the kids.

I send my greetings to Joshua, Ayana, Moses, and Megan that I love them so much.
I wish you success in your studies and everything you do. Am now in my third term, its a term of promotion to another class. I enjoy studies and school as a whole.

I wish you and your family nice christmases festivals and prosperous new year. Did you recieve the Christmas wreath I made for you? Was it nice?

My family sends you greetings.

From,

Ssenyondwa Reagan"

This is one of the pictures/letters from him too. It says,


"Dear Erin Weibe,

Am so happy for the gift of a letter, clothes shirt and short and the pictures of snows and you.I love you and wish you a merry Christmas.

from, Ssenyondwa Reagan."


I love this one, because the other one, while so cute, sounded like the translator had helped him write most of it. You can tell that this one is actually the words of a 6 year old boy!



I also stuck the wreath from Jackie in the scanner, and it actually worked really well! So this is the one Jackie made, and then I have one from Reagan too, which is the same, but a little smaller.


3 comments:

Nikki said...

Awww, that is adorable!!! I love getting letters :) It is amazing how much they can mean!

Nikki

The Hattons... said...

How exciting. Thanks for sharing your letters with us. It's great for people to know what differences sponsoring can make. I had no idea you could send them clothes!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool.

Stop by my blog sometime.