Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sad News, and an Update

Again, if you haven't read either my Big Sis of 4 blog, or my Egypt blog, please check out my Egypt blog (http://erin-egyptandbeyond.blogspot.com). We just recieved some sad news. :(

And now.. a Les Miserables update! :)

Its now only a week and a half until opening night on November 29th. Actually (very strange, I know, but what can you do?) we have a dress rehearsal on Tuesday, a matinee for our school only on Wendnesday afternoon, and then a matinee open to anyone on Thursday afternoon.. all before official opening night, but whatever. It'll work.

Anyway, we have been working like CRAZY!! I can't even tell you. While I said a minimum of 12 hours a week a few weeks ago, its now more like 16+ hours a week! And next week.. oh man. Let me lay out our rehearsal schedule for you.. its crazy:

Monday- rehearsal from 8:00am-4:00pm (we miss the whole day of school)
Tuesday- rehearsal from 3:00pm-8:00pm (dress rehearsal starts at 4)
Wednesday- 10:30am call time for the noon matinee.. till about 3:00pm
Thursday- call time 10:30 for matinee, then till about 3:00, then call time for the 7:00 performance at 5:00 (we'll be there until about 9:30pm)
Friday- same as Thursday
Saturday- call time at 5:00, the performance will officially be over (costumes and makeup all put away etc.) at around 9:30, then we'll have our cast party. We'll be there until around 10:30/11:00.

So, in total, next week we will be there for about (forgive me if my math skills aren't up to scratch) 46 hours!! I don't even know how I will get through homework next week.. I'm trying not to think about it!

As much as I love being in Les Mis, I'll be glad when its over!

Anyway, there's not too much going on in my life to talk about, other than Les Mis and my outreach trip.. and the fact that I'm always extremely exhausted! Farewell for now. :)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow- no wonder you have been super busy lately! That is a LOT of work!! I hope it goes well, good luck!!
Nikki

Nikki said...

Good luck with the play- you'll do great!!!!

Nikki said...

Hey Erin... any news yet on what country your trip has been moved to?
Nikki