Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Little About Me

Hi There!
My name is Erin, and I go to high school in British Columbia, Canada. I have two wonderful parents, four siblings, three rabbits, and a large extended family, stretching all the way to England, which is where my mom is from. My family is actually very international.. my dad's parents are from Siberia, my mom and her family are from England, and, the newest addition to our family, my two youngest siblings are from Ethiopia. You can read all about that on my other blog:

That is the story of my little brother and sister, Ayana and Moses , and how they came to be in our family, and different stories since they came. It started off as just a way to communicate with my friends while I was in Ethiopia picking them up, but I changed my mind, and I now write in it pretty regularly, althougth sometimes I forget to! I will be updating that blog, as well as this one, so feel free to read both! :D My other two siblings are Megan, and Josh, and they are both biological.
I have been to many different places, most of them with my family:

1991, 1993, 2002, 2003 (Every Season!)- England
2002 (Fall)- Portugal
1998 (Fall)-China
2004, 2005, 2006 (Spring)- Mexico
2005 (Summer)- Uganda
2006 (Summer)- Ethiopia
I love traveling, and I just know that there is a lot more in store for me over my lifetime. If you're wondering how we were able to travel during the fall, well the answer is.. I was homeschooled from Kindergarten until Grade 5. My parents tought me, and no.. I couldn't go to school in my pajamas! =)
Anyway, here are a couple of facts about me:
Name: Erin
Age: Turning 16 soon! :D
Interests/Hobbies: reading, going on the computer, hanging out with my friends, taking pictures of.. everything! :P, playing with my brothers and sisters, traveling, babysitting, scrapbooking
Favourite Movies: oh wow... tons.. my friends say I like every movie. But I'd have to say my favourites are probably LOTR (all of them), Pirates (all of them again), A Walk to Remember, Bridge to Terabithia (sooooo sad!!)
Favourite Books: that's almost harder than movies, but: LOTR again (I've read the whole series 7 times! :P), Inkheart, Inkspell, Dragonrider, and the Katherine Kingsbury series (Redemption, and Firstborn series)
Family: David, my dad; Lesley, my mom; Megan, my sister; Joshua, my brother; Ayana, my sister; Moses, my brother.


This is a picture from a while back of my whole, wonderful family. It was actually in the newspaper! But I'll tell you about that later. For now, I've got to go. Talk to you later!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I am bookmarking your blog so I don't forget to check for updates! We actually have quite a bit in common... my friends always get annoyed at me for taking so many pictures :-D
-Nikki