Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Lots to catch up on!

Well, we've been away a lot, and very busy this last month, so, as you may have noticed, I've been neglecting my blogs! Lots has happened, and I'll try to fill you in on everything. I'll have to do it later though, as I am at someone else's house babysitting, and I really want to post pictures. So instead, here's a quick snapshot of what I've been doing:

-Capernwray Summer Bible Family Camp; I mentioned it in a previous post, but I'll try to go into more detail later on when I can put more pictures on. It is such an awesome experience. It is totally geared towards families, but also each member of the family seperately, as their own person. There are family sessions, adult sessions, and teen, pre-teen, kids, toddlers and baby groups. In each there are amazingly cool activities (for example, one night the teens go to a campsite, and have a campout, under the stars!) and its just overall tons of fun.

- Pentiction; we went with some of our friends, and it was lots of fun. We rented a boat twice, and went waterskiing and tubing, and for some crazy-fast boatrides. Seriously, I was at the front, with my brother and his friend, and we were like terrified.. I honestly thought I would fall out. Eventually we all screamed at the driver (the dad of my brother's friend... we've been friends with them for about 13, 14 years) to stop, and we all climbed into the back, where we were safe.. I had the hugest headache after that! We were getting some serious air!!

- My 16th birthday!! I can't believe I'm able to get my L now.. I know in lots of other places its younger, like 14, 15.. but I'm so excited about it! :D Ayana was so excited about my birthday for days ahead of time, talking about "bifday cake" and "bifday pesents" and "singing".. she was so excited, I almost wonder if she thought it was her birthday coming up!

- Lots and lots and lots and lots of babysitting. Like I mentioned before, I'm babysitting right now. The kids are on a nap, so I thought I'd take this time to actually post something! I'm pretty much a daycare leader for them! I babysit them all day, three days a week. They're really sweet kids (Cate is 4, and Cen is 2) but they are full of energy!! I'm glad when its nap time!

So there you have it; a glimpse into the last couple weeks of my life. Hopefully I'll be able to go into more detail later, with pictures and everything, but for now, I have to say goodbye. I still have to go clean up from lunch time!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

The kids you babysit sound a lot like the kids I babysit! The girl, Taylor, is the same age as Cate and the boy, Ryan, is the same age as Cen. I LOVE naptime!! I kind of feel guilty sometimes thinking that maybe 4 years old is too old for a 2hour nap.... but I don't think I could deal with them all day without that 2 hours!