Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Beautiful Cell Phone! :D

As I mentioned before, on August 10th I turned 16. I had a great birthday, with awesome presents, and lots of fun. I went shopping with my mom and Megan in the morning/early afternoon to use some of my gift certificates, andthen in the afternoon we went to Chapters and Starbucks. I was so proud of myself.. I got a $40 gift card for my birthday, and with it, I managed to buy six books! And three were hardcover! Yay for Erin and her crazy shopping skills! :P
In the evening we went out for dinner (my whole family was there, and at Chapters too) at Milestones, and then my mom took me and Megan to see Becoming Jane. Ok, I am not a big Anne Hathoway fan. I like her in Princess Diaries 1, and mostly in number 2, but in anything else, she just kind of bugs me. I have to say.. she did a very good job in this movie! I didn't really think it would fit when I first heard about it.. I mean Anne Hathoway, as Jane Austin? How could that work? But I actually really enjoyed that movie, and had no idea what a sad life Jane Austin had! Well love life at least.. its so sad! But all in all, that was a good movie, and a very good birthday.
One of my favourite presents (for anyone in my family reading this; I liked them ALL! :D) was my cell phone, which I got from my parents. Its a Black Red Motorola Razr. If that doesn't make sense, maybe this will be better.. its a black M(RED) Razr. Its from the Red Campaign, and I just LOVE it!! Its soo gorgeous!

I just love it so much! The picture doesn't really show it properly (its just from Google Images) but its so nice. It was a huge surprise to find it in my presents!
My parents promised to pay for the first two months, but then I'm on my own. I don't really mind, because we've made an agreement. They like to go out at least once a week together. I told them I would give them 2 free hours of babysitting a week, and that will pay for my cell phone plan. Also, when combined with the allowance I already don't get in order to sponsor Jackie, it is enough to pay for Jackie's sponsorship, my cell phone, and almost enough for Reagan. I will only owe them $9 a month, which is nothing. So I am happy.. free babysitting isn't bad, and I really don't mind giving it, and in return, I don't have to worry about my sponsorship or cell phone financing. Its really my money thats going to all of it, but its way easier this way, because I would go crazy trying to remember to pay for everything myself.. this way it just comes out of my parents account! ;D It sounds kind of complicated, but trust me.. I've worked it all out in detail!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Ooo- I love that phone! I got a phone for my 16th birthday too, but had to give it up after quitting my job and not having the money to pay for it, but now that I am working 7-5 every day I just finally got another cell phone. I LOVE yours though- I love all (RED) products actually :)
Anna Hathway kind of bugs me too, and I have been told by 2 different people that I look like her, which I was not too pleased about! I think I just have similar eyes, but there's just something about her I don't like.
I may have to get my parents in on some deal like you have yours... I have been on sponsorship sites for an hour today and I can't stop thinking about sponsoring another child!!! I jsut really don't have the money with so much school stuff to buy, but maybe my parents will take me up on some sort of deal...
Talk to you soon!
And happy late 16th birthay by the way- not sure if I mentioned that before!

Ellie said...

Happy Birthday! (late) what a cool phone!! I didn't know they had a (red) phone! does some of your phone bill go to the (red)program? Our referral day was the 10th! My parents anniversary was the
11th and my birthday was the 20th! It is so neat to think of what is going on all over the world on the same day! I have a friend who's little sister was born on the SAME day as Josiah! ( our new little boy)